Defining the termsBefore researching any terms or making any significant decision about your home, it is good to know the terms and understand what you are getting into. Then you will be better informed when making your decision for the house flooring.
According to dictionary.com, the definitions are as follows:
Waterproof means: “impervious to water. – rendered impervious to water by some special process, as coating or treating with rubber: a waterproof hat.”And there you have it. Waterproof allows no water in, and water-resistant helps keep most water out. Therefore, if you have a waterproof watch, you can dive into the water with no issue. But if the watch is only water-resistant, you may jump in the water, but it would be best if you got out and took it off before staying in to swim.
Water-resistant means: “resisting though not entirely preventing the penetration of water.”
Obviously, the differences are much the same with waterproof vs. water-resistant flooring choices. But why would some people choose one and not the other? Let’s discover the pros and cons of both. Honestly, any new flooring installed by the professionals at Paradise Flooring Solutions won’t have “cons,” but reasons you would not want one flooring over the other. All the flooring solutions offered by Paradise are of excellent quality and reputable brands.
Quality waterproof flooringThe most important part of choosing quality flooring will be choosing the right product for your home and lifestyle. Then the quality of the products you have installed will be determined by the flooring company you choose as well as the product you decide on. Waterproof flooring is an excellent choice for many families but may not be an option for others. SO here are the pros and cons of waterproof flooring solutions.
ProsWaterproof flooring is a permanent solution for flooring that will need to withstand a certain amount of water. It is perfect for kitchens and bathrooms alike.
- Waterproof flooring stands the test of time. It should not need replacing due to water intrusion.
- A water spill can sit for a long time and will not penetrate or damage the flooring.
- If you plan to stay in the home forever, you may want to place a flooring that won’t need replacement.
- Waterproof flooring options won’t break down or lose their waterproof qualities.
- They won’t curl or warp.
- Air moisture and flooding won’t harm these products either.
- It can be installed in any room of the home, especially in bathrooms, kitchens, and basements.
- Waterproof flooring is more expensive than water-resistant flooring.
- It is not recommended for outdoor use. They are not resistant to the sun and heat.
- Waterproof flooring is a substantial expense compared to other flooring options.
- Installation is an additional cost as well.
Excellent water-resistant flooring
Although water-resistant flooring cannot handle a flood or a dishwasher overflow while you are at work, it will hold up well to the occasional spill. And with excellent products and installation, any flooring can beautify and protect the home. The level of protection you and your family need is up to you.
- Water-Resistant flooring is much less expensive than waterproof options.
- Installation is often cheaper and faster.
- Protects the substrate from water intrusion for a while, while you run to get towels or a mop.
- If you are not planning to stay in the home forever, this is the cheaper choice, but it will also look beautiful.
- As long as you wipe up a spill in a reasonable amount of time, your substrate should not be harmed.
- It is available in products that look just like hardwood.
- If you have under flooring that is wood, this may not keep the wood from getting water-saturated and cracking the floors. Then the flooring will need replacing.
- Spills or floods that occur unnoticed may damage the flooring or penetrate to the subflooring.
- This flooring in the kitchen or bathroom should be dried when any water gets on them.
Summing up: Waterproof vs. water-resistant
Flooring options have come so far in the past years; the choices are plentiful. That is what makes the decision so overwhelming for some. You may need floors for a home with toddlers. In that case, both options will do. If you need flooring for your beachside cottage, you may want to choose waterproof flooring. On the other hand, if it is a rental, you might prefer the less expensive water-resistant product.
Clearly, the choice is determined by how you feel your floors will be used. For help making your choice, contact the pros at Paradise Flooring Solutions for excellent advice on quality flooring.
Waterproof luxury vinyl plank flooring
For beauty and durability, you can do no better than Luxury Vinyl Planking. It Is 100% waterproof, scratch-resistant, and stain-resistant with the look of wood.
Waterproof luxury vinyl plank offers the peace of mind of a waterproof product with the style of your choice, including various wood looks. It is a full-proof quality flooring option for those who don’t want to be concerned with water intrusion. And Paradise Flooring Solutions offers this produce in server tones and looks. The variety is extensive.
Waterproof laminate flooring
Manufacturers of flooring take extreme care in the production of true waterproof laminate flooring. And when you need new floors in a wet room of the home, this is a superb and gorgeous choice. If you are worried about pet accidents, toddler spills, splashes, and spills, waterproof laminate is an exceptionally durable choice.
The laminate of the past did not have the barriers today’s laminate has to protect your subfloor. Flooring has really come a long way. Now the seams between the two each piece hold up well as compared to the laminate of the past. And it is also available in hand scraped wood looks that are so popular today.
What about hardwood floors?
Traditional hardwood floors are not waterproof. They only have a topcoat that is resistant to water, and that topcoat can wear down rather quickly. They are not recommended for homes near water, wet rooms, or families with pets or young children. However, the look-alike options provide the look and feel of hardwood with levels of waterproofing and water resistance.
Waterproof vs. Water-resistant: The choice is yours
Paradise Flooring Solutions is the choice for flooring in Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties, no matter your flooring choice. When Paradise Flooring Solutions is on the job, you benefit from both an experienced team and low overhead costs. Our team offers the following:
- 20+ years of flooring experience.
- Next-day installation for certain available products.
- Low overhead pricing.
- An appointment-only showroom for personal attention and detail.
- A mobile showroom for in-home viewing of product samples.
- And a 10% discount to all military. Law enforcement and first responders.
Contact Paradise Flooring Solutions for quality flooring and reputable experience in the flooring industry today.