In this educational article, we will discuss the top two flooring solutions for commercial businesses.
- Commercial grade carpeting
- And commercial grade vinyl plank flooring
Commercial Grade Carpeting for your commercial flooringCommercial carpet is designed for the high traffic of your business. They are perfect for most entryways, offices, airports, banks, gyms, and more. They are made more substantial and more durable than home carpeting that just doesn’t get the wear and tear commercial does.
How is commercial carpet different?Today’s carpeting has been much improved from the old days of carpet. Commercial grade carpet is more durable than residential carpeting. It is made of either nylon, polypropylene, or polyester. All these resist stains and hold up to high traffic.
Additionally, they can come in a loop, cut pile, or carpet tile. Each type has its unique properties making it suitable for some floors and better for others.
Are there benefits to commercial carpeting?Indeed, there are benefits to having commercial carpeting installed in your place of business. Here are a few we like to point out at Paradise Flooring Solutions.
- Carpets provide a warm and cozy atmosphere.
- There are limitless design options for your commercial carpet. You can choose color, texture, design, pattern, and weathering.
- The design and shadowing you can get from carpet hides stains and wear patterns well.
- The carpet can be cleaned to look almost new.
- It is easy on the joints, especially if your employees are on their feet all day.
- Carpet in a store helps deaden noise.
Vinyl plank for your commercial flooring
Does your business need a high-end look with durability? Do you not want to worry about those spills, splashes, accidents, mud, and dirt on your business flooring? Suppose you need your commercial flooring to be able to hold up to high foot traffic patterns and daily wear and tear. In that case, Commercial Grade Vinyl Plank Flooring is the answer.
What is vinyl plank flooring?
Vinyl Plank Flooring is a fast-growing part of the flooring solution trend today. It is very durable and boasts several benefits. Made of a vinyl core, stabilizing backing, and a UV coating, these planks can be made to look like most any surface. And it has a scratch-resistant wear layer, making it ideal for commercial businesses.
Vinyl Planking comes in a large variety of colors and looks. For the hardwood look and feel, there are several shades and textures to choose from. If you would prefer a tile look, consider a natural stone or a slate tile look for an upgraded floor with durability.
Benefits of vinyl plank flooring
As stated above, there are several benefits to installing Vinyl Planks in your place of business. So here are some of our favorites at Paradise Flooring Solutions.
- Elevated Design and Texture: Available in every design, hue, and texture, your flooring can look like natural hardwood yet withstand everyday traffic.
- Excellent Durability: Possibly the biggest reason to go with vinyl plank is the remarkable durability. It is waterproof and moisture resistant. And it resists scratches, stains, mildew, and more.
- Simple Maintenance: It is easy to care for Vinyl Plank flooring. Soap and water does the trick.
- Gentle on the Joints: It is easier on your body compared to wood or tile.
- Ease of Installation: Vinyl plank can be installed over concrete, wood, terrazzo, and tile subfloors.
- More Cost-Effective: This product will cost less and look as good as hardwood flooring.
Sub floor considerations before installation
Before installing a vinyl plank floor, make sure that you talk with a knowledgeable flooring expert about installing it on your existing flooring. You will need to make sure your subfloor meets the following requirements:
- Ensure the subfloor is in good condition with no issues of sinking or mildew.
- Is the subfloor free of damages, like broken or chipped tiles?
- Smooth the surface with a buffer if needed.
- Have the subfloor clean and dust-free for the best installation.
Please request a FREE in-home consultation today by calling us at 727-776-3888 or contact us for an appointment.
Deciding on carpet or vinyl plank commercial flooring for your businessThe thought of selecting the wrong flooring can be overwhelming. After all, the whole place is disrupted by the flooring change. You will want to make sure you only need to do it once. But selecting commercial flooring doesn’t have to be a chore. First things first, you’ll need to determine the general purpose of the floors in your business.
- What type of company do you have? Medical, industrial, and the food industry all may need waterproof flooring. Retail stores may have high traffic?
- What kind of atmosphere do you want to provide your customers? Do you need the comfort of carpet for your law firm? If you have a nautical apparel store, you may wish to have the look of hardwood. Whereas if you have a music store, you may need the sound barriers carpet helps provide.
- How much traffic do your floors see on a given day, and is it in a specific wear pattern?
- Will harsh chemicals, liquids, or sticky food be around your new flooring?
- Who is it that makes up the majority of your clientele? Farmers coming into a feed store will have dirty, heavy boots. Will children be running around the place, causing you to consider the softness as well as durability? Then again, if you have a pet store, you may need the waterproof floor choice.
Paradise Flooring Solutions installs your commercial flooringParadise Flooring Solutions is proud to be a second-generation family-owned flooring company based in Clearwater, FL. Our experienced flooring specialists use only the best quality brands of commercial flooring. Not only do we pride our company on being transparent, but also, we sincerely care.
Whether you are one of our many residential customers or a commercial client, Paradise Flooring always delivers a personalized experience for each and every client.
For your gorgeous new flooring in Clearwater, Pinellas County, or the Tampa Bay Area, call us at 727-776-3888 or schedule an online appointment below.
Discount to Veterans, Law Enforcement and First RespondersAlthough we are not a Veteran owned company, we offer a 10% discount to ALL Veterans, law enforcement, and first responders as a way of thanking you for what you do!
Elevate your business with new commercial flooring today.